Saravana Bhavan tomato chutney recipe in hotel style, with step by step pictures. Red colored chutney with lots of coriander leaves and garlic flavor.
So wanted to try this chutney for long time. After few tries, came up with this hotel saravana bhavan tomato chutney. The garlic and lots of chopped coriander gives a different flavor for the chutney.
- To make this chutney taste perfect, make sure to balance the tomato’s tart with good spice.
- You can add a pinch of sugar too if you like it.
- For perfect color, use fine ground Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You can also use kashmiri dry red chillies if you have. Skip the red chilli powder and use whole chilli along grinding.
I guess this can also be good for chapati.
Saravana bhavan style tomato chutney recipe
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomato
- 6 flakes Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder Kashmiri variety for bright color
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves
- Salt – As needed
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in kadai and fry cubed onion, tomato and garlic until tomatoes turn mushy.1 Onion, 2 Tomato, 6 flakes Garlic, 1 tablespoon Oil
- Cool down, grind smoothly.
- Heat remaining oil, splutter mustard, add ground paste. Add little water if needed.½ teaspoon Mustard, 1 tablespoon Oil
- Add salt, red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves and boil for 2 mins.1 teaspoon Red chilli powder, Salt – As needed, 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves
- I used a regular sized onion and two small tomatoes.
- Make sure to add more garlic if needed. I used large sized flakes. If small, use 8 flakes.
- If you want, add coriander leaves after mustard splutters and give a quick stir before pouring the ground mixture.
- You can add a pinch of sugar in this chutney.
1. Heat a teaspoon of oil in kadai and fry cubed onion, tomato and garlic until tomatoes turn mushy.
2. Cool down, grind smoothly.
3. Heat remaining oil, splutter mustard, add ground paste. Add little water if needed.
4. Add salt, red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves and boil for 2 mins
Serve with dosa the best combo. We had with ragi dosa.