Sattu ladoo recipe with step by step pictures and full video. Sattu ladoo is a healthy snack perfect for your family. Just 3 main ingredients.
I thought after making sattu sharbat, sattu flour will get over soon. But truth is I either forget or being lazy to prepare something with sattu flour.
So thought of making sattu laddu. I know Vj will sure love this as snack. Fingers crossed for Aj, if he eats, I would be more than happy as this is a healthy protein rich snack.
I am seeing slight changes in Aj’s taste preference, hoping he would like this too. I have prepared sattu laddu recipe with sugar (unrefined), but you can replace it with powdered jaggery.
Besan vs Sattu flour
Besan – is prepared from bengal gram/ chana dal.
Sattu – is prepared from roasted whole brown chana. Which makes it more nutritious.
Make sure you roast the sattu flour with patience. Raw sattu wont be tasting good in ladoo. Also, if roasted in high flame, it will give you burnt taste.
Adding hot ghee and shaping while it is warm will help ladoo in holding it’s shape.
Sattu ladoo recipe
- 1 cup Sattu flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 1 Cardamom
- 8 Almonds
- First grind sugar with cardamom into a fine powder in a mixer.½ cup Sugar, 1 Cardamom
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, roast sattu flour well in medium flame until the colour changes to golden.1 cup Sattu flour
- Heat ghee and roast chopped almonds.¼ cup Ghee, 8 Almonds
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a ladle.
- When the mixture in warm enough to handle, roll tightly to a smooth laddu. Repeat to finish.
- You can use jaggery powder in place of sugar.
- If you reduce ghee, then it may be dry and hard to roll/ hold shape.
- You can use cashew in place of almonds.
1. First grind sugar with cardamom into a fine powder in a mixer.
2. Take a heavy bottomed pan, roast sattu flour well in medium flame until the color changes to golden.
3. Heat ghee and roast chopped almonds. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
4. Mix well with a ladle. Let the mixture to cool down, warm enough to handle. Roll tightly to a smooth laddu.
5. Repeat to finish. Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy as snack, perfect for snack box too.