Schezwan dahi puri chaat recipe is an simple twist given to the regular dahi puri we make but with schezwan sauce. A spicy dahi puri recipe with the flavour of lehsun (garlic) and with red hot spicy schezwan sauce.
I have tasted this once in Kailash parbat and we all loved it a lot. It was spicy and the spicy sauce blend well with the dahi puri. Kailash parbat is the best place in Singapore for authentic north Indian chaats. It has been a while since we visited there, so last week went for having lunch and ordered this Schezwan Dahi puri.
I thought I will try this out at home and tried last weekend. We all enjoyed it a lot. So thought of sharing it here. I have used sev and boondi that I got from shop. I made puri, schezwan sauce and sweet chutney at home. You can use store bought schezwan sauce too. I will soon share the schezwan style sauce too.
For making this chaat easily at home, you have to plan a bit and make puri and chutneys before hand itself. I have given links in the ingredients list, click on it for respective recipe.
Check out other chaat recipes in my blog :
- Canape chaat
- Aloo channa chaat
- Masala peanut chaat
- Pani puri recipe
- Ragda pattice
- Dahi papdi chaat
- Dahi vada
- Dahi puri
Step by step Pictures
- First soak boondi in hot water for 15 mins in water (just to immerse it). After 15 mins, it will become soft.
- Next mix curd, milk and sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Collect all the ingredients needed and arrange the puri over a plate. Break open the puri on the top. Fill with soaked boondi first. Add 1/4 tsp – 1/2 tsp of schezwan sauce in each puri.
- Fill with the sweet curd. Top with little sweet chutney over each puri. Again add more curd on top.
- Sprinkle sev generously and some coriander leaves. You can add more soaked boondi too if you have remaining.
Enjoy this spicy dahi puri with schezwan sauce this summer holidays with your family members!