Idiyappam made in a fusion way, schezwan style. Make spicy schezwan style idiyappam with lots of vegetables and garlic flavour.
This is another dish I prepared for the live demo at Singapore expo on behalf of Suvai foods. I used their ready to eat idiyappam to prepare this schezwan style idiyappam. I followed the same method as I prepare schezwan fried rice and replaced rice with idiyappam. It is a good change and you can make people who would not eat idiyappam to try this one.
Since I am busy travelling, I thought I will schedule this simple one in my blog.
- First heat oil in a wok over high heat, add pepper, followed by Garlic. Fry until garlic is fragrant (30 seconds).
- Add chilli paste, both chilli and soya sauces, followed by vinegar. Cook for 2 mins
- Add vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add cabbage towards end to retain its crunchiness.
- Add steamed and separated idiyappam, required salt.
- Toss well, garnish with spring onion.
You can have it as such or serve it with some tomato chilli sauce.