Shrikhand is an easy no cook yogurt based dessert recipe, with just few ingredients and yet rich and delicious sweet.
Make it as this Krishna Janmashtami special recipes and offer Lord Krishna as well as enjoy with your family.
As I have mentioned in my Mango shrikhand recipe, my first tasting experience was bad.
It turned out really rich and yummy and the best part was my kid Aj liked it to my surprise 🙂.
You can use Homemade curd or Greek yogurt too.
Shrikhand is an Indian (Maharashtrian) dessert made with hung curd. Let's see how to prepare this with step by step photos and a quick video.
Step by step
- In a thin white cloth hang the curd firstly for 2- 4 hours so that excess water drains. Secondly, in a mixing bowl, take ½ cup hung curd, add 2 drops rose essence, cardamom powder, 3 tablespoon powdered sugar candy or sugar. Mix well furthermore with a whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to the serving bowls. Garnish with soaked, peeled, finely chopped pistachios finally. Cover it with cling wrap and keep refrigerated until serving!
Serve this rich and flavorful dessert always cold. It was like eating sweet lassi in ice cream form for me , coz of the cardamom, rose essence may be.
- 1.5 cups Curd Plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoon Powdered sugar or powdered sugar candy
- 2 drops Rose essence or 1 teaspoon pure rose water
- 1 Cardamom crushed
- 8 Pistachios finely chopped
- In a thin white cloth hang the curd for 4 hours so that excess water drains.
- In a mixing bowl, take ½ cup hung curd, add 2 drops rose essence, cardamom powder, 3 tablespoon powdered sugar candy or sugar powder.
- Mix well with a whisk until smooth. Transfer to the serving bowls.
- Garnish with soaked, peeled, finely chopped pistachios.
- Cover it with cling wrap and keep refrigerated until serving!
- I added powdered sugar candy (Rock sugar candy/ Kalkandu). You can add fine grain or powdered sugar too.
- Adjust the sugar quantity according to your sweet preference.
- Nuts like almonds and pistachios can be used. The chopped nuts can be mixed with the shrikhand too.