Spaghetti with spinach is perfect for lunch, makes such a satisfying meal with goodness of greens and flavor from garlic.
I like the combination of pasta and spinach always, like in this recipe. It goes well with each other.
So when I saw this recipe in the cookbook I borrowed from library, I loved the simplicity of the recipe and sounded healthy too.
Made it last week for my lunch. It was so filling and had a hearty meal. Make it for your kid, they would love it too. The flavour burst of garlic and the tanginess lemon gives, yummy!
Spaghetti with spinach recipe
Recipe Cuisine:Continental | Recipe Category:Lunch
Prep Time:10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Makes: 2
- Spaghetti - 250 gm
- Spinach - 1 cup
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Parmesan, grated - 2 tbsp
- Lemon - ½
- Pine nuts(optional) - 2 tbsp
- Olive oil - 4 tbsp
- Salt - As needed
- Chilli flakes - 2 tsp
- Boil enough water with salt and cook spaghetti in it as per package instructions. Once done, drain it and mix a tblsp of oil to it and keep aside.
- Wash spinach leaves and keep it immersed for a minute (blanch) and again wash it in cold water.
- Chop it roughly and peel and chop garlic also very finely. Heat a pan with 3 tablespoon oil in medium heat. Add garlic cook it for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
- When it turns golden, add spinach in a scattered way and mix well.
- Switch of the flame and squeeze the lemon and add pine nuts if desired.
- Mix well and mix it with the cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add cheese, little salt, chilli flakes and mix well.
- Baby spinach can be used as in the original recipe.
- Pine nuts is purely optional, but please add cheese and do not skip it.
- For healthier version, replace spaghetti with whole wheat spaghetti.
Garnish with more cheese and chilli flakes as needed at the time of serving.
Wow lovely n healthy dish... Will it taste a bit tangy if u add lemon juice?
Event: Dish name starts with R till April 15th and a giveaway
Though I know pasta with greens is a hit combo, havent tasted it myself..now urs tempt me to..looks awesome!
That looks just wonderful...have to surely try for my pasta lover daughter
healthy and yummy 🙂
love this recipe..I like even the spinach pesto..pics look nice
bookmarked the spaghetti with spinach as its simple and yet flavorful. loved the pics.
Looks awesum , must try a spaghetti dish soon..
Gorgeous clicks n recipe..
Best way to sneak greens,this spaghetti looks absolutely incredible and inviting.
Inviting dish love it
Looks so delicious. Just had pasta last night minus spinach.
Home Cooked Oriya Food
love it... yummy!
love how simple this dish is! also love the gorgeous lighting of the pics 🙂
wonderful combination of spinach with spaghetti... looks fantastic...
i never tried this combo 🙂 i should try and lovely photos !
Looks fab...love the nut crunch..nice pics
pasta looks so creamy and yummy...
simple & elegant recipe... 🙂
Looks very flavorful and healthy spaghetti.....yummy.
yummy recipe..thanks for sharing
Celebrate - Easter
in my blog.
Never tried anything new with pasta except with sauces. Sounds interesting and clicks are bright:-)
Interesting and healthy recipe. Got to try it sometime soon !!
Awesome raks.....I love it for itd simplicity
Its really awesome. I never heard about it & Now I get a good one.
delicious spagetti.... love the addition of spinach..
Ongoing Event - HITS - Diabetic Friendly
Ongoing Event + Giveaway - Italian Dishes
Awesome recipe,looks so yummy and healthy. Nice clicks too.
This looks so so yummy! Love the clicks 🙂