Spaghetti with spinach is perfect for lunch, makes such a satisfying meal with goodness of greens and flavor from garlic.
I like the combination of pasta and spinach always, like in this recipe. It goes well with each other.
So when I saw this recipe in the cookbook I borrowed from library, I loved the simplicity of the recipe and sounded healthy too.
Made it last week for my lunch. It was so filling and had a hearty meal. Make it for your kid, they would love it too. The flavour burst of garlic and the tanginess lemon gives, yummy!
Spaghetti with spinach recipe
Recipe Cuisine:Continental | Recipe Category:Lunch
Prep Time:10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Makes: 2
- Spaghetti - 250 gm
- Spinach - 1 cup
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Parmesan, grated - 2 tbsp
- Lemon - ½
- Pine nuts(optional) - 2 tbsp
- Olive oil - 4 tbsp
- Salt - As needed
- Chilli flakes - 2 tsp
- Boil enough water with salt and cook spaghetti in it as per package instructions. Once done, drain it and mix a tblsp of oil to it and keep aside.
- Wash spinach leaves and keep it immersed for a minute (blanch) and again wash it in cold water.
- Chop it roughly and peel and chop garlic also very finely. Heat a pan with 3 tablespoon oil in medium heat. Add garlic cook it for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
- When it turns golden, add spinach in a scattered way and mix well.
- Switch of the flame and squeeze the lemon and add pine nuts if desired.
- Mix well and mix it with the cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add cheese, little salt, chilli flakes and mix well.
- Baby spinach can be used as in the original recipe.
- Pine nuts is purely optional, but please add cheese and do not skip it.
- For healthier version, replace spaghetti with whole wheat spaghetti.
Garnish with more cheese and chilli flakes as needed at the time of serving.