And now, coming to the post ! This curry is different from the usual potato curry we make and this one uses freshly ground masala.My mother-in-law learnt this recipe from a Cookery show and she makes this very often.This is very flavorful one…Try this you will surely like!
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Coconut oil||1 tsp (optional)|
|Coriander seeds||1/2 tbsp|
|Black pepper whole||1 tsp|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
- Peel the potato skin,wash and cut into 1 inch pieces as shown in the picture.Keep immersed in water till you use.
- Cut onion length wise and keep aside.
- Grind the ingredients under the “To Grind” table ,without adding water.
- Heat oil in kadai and add mustard,urad dal and then add curry leaves and onion,fry till onion turns out golden brown.
- Then add the cut potatoes,salt and turmeric and fry in medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground masala powder and add enough water to the potato to get cooked.
- Mix well and cook cover with a lid in a medium flame,till the potato gets cooked.Keep turning in between to avoid burning.
- After potato gets cooked,fry till water evaporates completely and curry should be dry.
- If desired add coconut oil at the end and transfer to the serving bowl and Serve as accompaniment for rice!