Palak murukku is a simple easy snack made with Indian spinach,rice flour and chickpea flour (Besan) as main ingredient. With step by step pictures.
There is always a fascination when you see colourful and mini things right. I have seen such cute little green coloured murukku in Mustafa here in Singapore. From that time, I wanted to give it a try. It was very new to me and thought I should try it out.
Today tried this simple and easy spinach murukku adapting from here. It turned out crunchy with pleasant flavour from spinach and the other ingredients we add. Do try these cute spinach murukku for your kids this Diwali. Check out my other murukku recipes
Spinach murukku/ Palak murukku recipe step by step pictures:
- Remove the thick vine in the spinach, chop roughly and measure 3/4 cup.
- Grind it with green chilli, little water to a smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice flour, besan, butter, ajwain, asafoetida and salt. Mix well.
- Add the ground puree and add required water to make a smooth dough without cracks.
- Fill murukku press with prepared dough. I used the star shaped hole plate.
- Squeeze into murukkus in a greased plate. I did mini version. But you can do regular chakli as well. Invert the plate into hot oil heated in a kadai. Be gentle when you invert, careful to not get any hot oil splash.
- Cook in medium flame until the sound reduces and flip to cook in low flame until the bubbles reduce completely without changing it’s colour.
- Drain in paper towels. Repeat to finish the dough.
Cool completely before storing in airtight box. We can enjoy it for a week stored in room temperature.