Next time I will try adding Vendayam/fenugreek seeds and ferment rather than making it with sour butter milk and cooking soda, as in other blogs👰, though it was very very spongy, I will try that for flavor!
|Idly rice(parboiled rice)||2 cups|
|Rice flakes/aval/poha||¼ cup|
|Sour butter milk||3 – 4 cups|
|Cooking soda||¼ teaspoon|
|Oil & salt||As needed|
- Soak washed rice and aval together in buttermilk overnight.
- Morning,drain the excess buttermilk if any and grind to a smooth batter like our idly dosa batter(bit watery than that)
- Mix salt(I added 2 teaspoon) and cooking soda and mix well.
- Heat the tawa (I used a nonstick one) and pour a ladle full of batter and drizzle oil and don’t spread the batter,cook covered in medium flame for a minute.
- Now super soft spongy dosa is ready to enjoy!
Serve with a spicy chutney,we had with coconut chutney ground with red chillies and a garlic! Was really yummy and we all 3 ate well
My next post will be My event round up!!