Spring onion paratha recipe in easiest way by adding it to the dough along with indian masala powders, not the stuffing way. With full video and step by step pictures.
I have seen this spring onion paratha in Fairprice, a frozen paratha brand sells this one. But I guess it is with maida and the layered way. But so many times I will think I should try making at home, it never happened. I rarely buy spring onion as I would waste it. This time too, I wanted to buy spring onion for making fried rice but never made, so I wanted to use it up without wasting it. I remembered this spring onion paratha and made it for lunch. Since Vj is not around, we have all the simple lunch possible.
I thought I will make it just a step by step pictures post, but its been long time since I touched my camera for video, so shot spring onion paratha video. I made it similar way I make cabbage paratha. Both me and Aj enjoyed it a lot. I had it with pickle and boondi raita, to my surprise, Aj too dipped his paratha in boondi raita. Usually he doesn’t like curd, so I was surprised to see him have it with raita👍.
Perfect for lunch and quick dinner fixes and no need for fancy side dish too, just a vegetable subji and a simple raita with pickle will do for this paratha.
How to make spring onion paratha video
Step by step pictures
- Mix wheat flour, spring onion, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric, salt, green chilli, cumin seeds, oil and salt first, in a mixing bowl.
- Use lukewarm water to sprinkle and knead to a dough.
- Divide into 4 equal sized balls. Dust and roll over the counter top.
- Spread into slightly thicker than our regular roti.
- Cook on hot tawa over medium flame with ghee smeared on both sides, until you see golden spots appearing. Keep pressing the paratha gently with spatula while cooking.
Serve hot, simply with boondi raita and pickle. Tastes yumM. 💓💓