Stuffed paratha with moong sprouts and broccoli cooked with spices to make it suitable for Indian tastebuds. The dough also is made spicy to make it extra delicious and tasty.
I have not used sprouts in making paratha before. This is the first time. Always thought that rolling would become a problem. But when my relative friend Indhu told about this combo of broccoli and sprouts, it sounded really healthy and I was sure I will like it since I liked broccoli paratha.
So immediately added broccoli in my shopping list and made sprouts ready too. I had no issue in rolling this paratha, infact very easy. I could have even took full video. I wanted to atleast shoot a video of rolling the paratha, but was not patient enough to set up my tripod and all those. So kept my mobile over my hob and recorded video, only to realize it was in timelapse mode. Nevertheless, it turned out to be good, and infact, I posted in my Instagram to guess what it is.
Sprouts paratha step by step preparation :
- Take flour, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ghee/ oil and ajwain in a mixing bowl. mix well.
- Add luke warm water little by little. Make smooth, soft dough. Keep aside for 10 mins. Divide into 5 equal sized balls.
- Wash and pat dry broccoli. In a mixer, pulse broccoli florets few times.
- In a pan, heat oil. Splutter cumin in low flame, add finely chopped ginger, asafoetida. Add finely chopped onion. Fry for a minute.
- Add broccoli and sprouts. Give it a fry. Add chilli powder, turmeric, coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder, required salt.
- Cook in medium flame for 2 minutes. Broccoli and sprouts should get soft.
- Spread the dough ball into a thick palm size disc. Take same, dough ball size, of the stuffing.
- Cover from all sides like we cover modak. Pinch off excess dough if any on the top. Flatten and dust well.
- Spread evenly to parathas. Dust while rolling to avoid sticking.
- Heat tawa and cook parathas both sides. Add ghee/ oil on top while cooking.
Serve hot with raita and pickle.