Strawberry lassi is a popular Indian yogurt-based drink with fresh strawberries, yogurt and sugar as main ingredients. It is typically served as a refreshing summer drink and can also be flavored with spices such as cardamom or saffron that usual lassi have.
As far as I know, I have never ever thought there is lassi in this flavour until I saw in a restaurant menu. Noted that in to-try list along with strawberry cake , strawberry cream recipe and decided to buy strawberries.
What is Strawberry Lassi?
Strawberry Lassi is a popular Indian drink made from Indian curd (plain yogurt), sugar, and fresh strawberries. It is a refreshing and healthy drink that is perfect for hot summer days.
How is it made?
The ingredients are blended together to create a smooth, rich and creamy texture, with a sweet and tangy flavor.
Serve it cold, chilled in a tall glass preferably, immediately once you blend.
Strawberry lassi is often garnished with fresh strawberries or mint leaves for added flavor and aesthetic appeal.
I used one box for cake and remaining used in my breakfast. Reserved some for trying out lassi. For couple of days I could not make it and when I was ready, there wasn't much curd to make lassi🤦♀️.
I hope many would relate to this situation of missing one ingredient when other is there😁.
Ingredients for strawberry lassi
Strawberries - You can use both fresh strawberries when in season or the frozen ones.
Yogurt - I used naturally set homemade curd, feel free to use plain yogurt or even better, greek yogurt.
Cream or milk - Though this is lassi, no one likes over tart tasting lassi. It has to be balanced with cream (something like cooking cream which is not too high in fat content like that is in whipping cream) or milk.
Sugar - You can use any sweetener, white sugar or natural sweeteners like honey, agave etc.
You can also add a pinch of salt if it's tasting flat and other flavoring ingredients like cardamom, rose water and saffron.
Strawberry lassi: Frequently Asked Questions
Make sure to use full fat yogurt or greek yogurt for best results. If you are crushing ice along, make sure to use less or blend longer so that it thickens the drink.
Definitely yes! Just make sure to thaw by moving from freezer to fridge an hour prior, to make blending easier.
You can use coconut cream for cream and plain unsweetened coconut yogurt for dairy substitute.
Strawberry lassi recipe
- ½ cup stawberries chopped
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon cream Or Replace ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup plain yogurt/ curd not sour
- First place chopped strawberries, with sugar in a blender. Grind smoothly.
- Top it with cream/ milk and curd and blend until frothy. Transfer to a chilled serving glass.
- Adjust sugar as per your taste. I like mine in sweeter side.
- If you want it slightly on tangy side, you can skip cream or milk and just use 1 cup curd.
- Use frozen strawberries, if fresh is not available.
- I personally don't like to dilute with ice cubes, but if you want it super cold, fill the serving glass with half ice cubes.
- For variations, you can add a drop of vanilla or rose flavouring too. But I like this natural intense flavour of strawberry itself best.
1. Firstly place chopped strawberries, with sugar in a blender. Then, grind smoothly.
2. Then, top it with cream/ milk and curd and blend until frothy. Finally, transfer to a chilled serving glass.
Enjoy immediately. Check out my salt lassi recipe if you like.