Stuffed idiyappam is one of the idea I learnt from my MIL. I have posted my stuffed idiyappam recipe a long while back. But today I thought I will stuff with a difference and did a sweet stuffed idiyappam and a potato stuffed idiyappam. It turned out to be very delicious. I just gulped those just like we do pani puri 😉. It was great as such, but if you want you can make sweet coconut milk for the sweet stuffed idiyappam and or a coconut based chutney for the spicy idiyappam. You can also make any coconut based kurma. Please scroll down to the bottom of the post for the side dish ideas and links. Make this for your family and make your weekend special 😉.
Stuffed idiyappam Breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 3
- Pressure cook 2 potatoes, mean while chop veggies and onion – one for potato one for vegetable stuffing.
- Once potatoes are done, finish preparing the stuffings- refer my samosa post for the stuffing recipe. I used similar one or you can prepare your own.
- Grate coconut and mix with sugar,elachi, keep it ready as for the sweet stuffing. Let coconut be more and sweet just enough for it. If sugar is more then it may become watery while steaming.
- Once the stuffing are ready, prepare the dough. You can make one variety by one and keep it arranged in a plate or hot pack and serve your family once done.
- Do not keep your stuffing by pressing it over the base idiyappam, just keep gently as such. Also after finishing making idiyappams, do not keep one over other as it will affect the soft texture.
- I used ¾ cup of idiyappam flour for serving my family of 3. It gave 15 small sized stuffed idiyappams.
Easy yet a special breakfast for your family is ready! Here are the sweet coconut+ sugar stuffed idiyappam, potato masala stuffed idiyappam, mixed vegetable stuffed idiyappam.
Check out the recipes
Side dish ideas
Check out the other idiyappam variety posts in my blog
Have a great weekend🙂!!