Sunday brunch, Indian Sunday breakfast idea with Chana masala recipe collection and bhatura recipes list. A simple guide on how to plan and prepare this desi brunch.
Firstly, let me tell you, this is just a combo, rather menu. The classic combo of chana bhatura / Chole bhatura. Perfect for a lazy Sunday to wake up leisurely and have a heavy fat breakfast cum lunch AKA brunch. It will be heavy and filling that you need not worry about the lunch, you then have a tea time snack and an early dinner.
All you need to do is a little planning and next day, without any fuss you can prepare this lovely north Indian brunch.
I love chana bhatura, but when it comes to restaurants, I have tasted only very few times. I love their chole, especially at Kailash Parbhat which I tasted once. But for the Bhatura always I love the home made ones better. Just for the sake of Oil. The restaurant ones are too oily for me. Though I like the chewy texture of the restaurant bhatura, the home made bhaturas are soft, less oily and stays soft even after cooling down.
For a change I tried my friend sangeeta’s version of Chana and it was yummy. Today we all had this for our breakfast cum lunch. Check out the recipes:
- Chole in pressure cooker
- Channa masala recipe (which you see here)
- Channa masala with coconut
- Pindi chana recipe
- Bhatura recipe (Which you see here)
- Bhatura recipe (Version 2 – with chana masala recipe)
Sunday Brunch Indian breakfast combo ideas
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Prep Time: 12 + 3 Hrs (Overnight soaking + dough resting time) | Cook time:40 Mins | Serves: 4
- Soak chana overnight. On wake up, prepare the bhatura dough first. Later you can finish the other works and start preparing your breakfast.
- Pressure cook chana, a potato. Meanwhile finish chopping works and grinding part for the chana.
- For speeding up, you can use store bought tomato puree or prepped earlier night. Also use food processor for chopping onion.
- When the chana is cooked, prepare the chana masala. Simmer it.
- Lastly, keep ready fresh cut onion, lemon wedge and chilli for serving and then when your family is ready for breakfast, roll the bhaturas while the oil is getting heated.
- Prepare hot bhature and serve the hungry family and yourself.