Soft buns prepared with sweet corn topping. Little cheese adds a delicious twist to the taste. Full video, step by step detailed post.
Last year saw sweet corn stuffed buns in a restaurant menu here in Singapore, since then wanted to try sweet corn stuffed buns. But it took this long for me as I have stopped buying sweet corn off late. Somehow craved for sweet corn and got some frozen corn. After making sweet corn sandwich, I thought I should make buns before the corn gets over. So made this bun more like with sweet corn topping than stuffing. I used my basic dough I usually make pizza/ buns. It turned out really good and we all enjoyed it a lot.
Step by step pictures:
- Take all purpose flour in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, salt, yeast to the flour and mix well.
- Add lukewarm water plus water, mix well. The dough should be loose and sticky side for softer results.
- 3 tbsp butter goes in and knead well for 10 mins. Oil the surface and cover with cling wrap or damp cloth. Keep aside for rising for an hour, so that the dough volume doubles.
- Punch down once its risen fully. Knead again for 5 mins to smooth.
- Divide into 6 equal sized balls. Dust with flour if it is too sticky to handle. Shape to smooth balls by tucking in at the bottom. Refer video for easy understanding.
- Use a spatula to make a dent in the middle lengthwise. Keep aside covered for second rise for 10 mins.
- Preheat oven at 190 deg C. Steam cook sweet corn with salt for 10 mins or until done. Take cooked corn, chopped capsicum, very finely chopped red ripe chilli, italian herbs in a mixing bowl and mix 2 tsp butter with it.
- After 10 mins, brush the buns with milk generously (milk wash) Now spread 2 spoons of prepared corn mixture over the buns.
- Bake for 12 mins. Take out and sprinkle little cheese over each bun. Bake again for 5 mins. Brush with butter generously once done.