Ragi sweet adai recipe, prepared with finger millet (ragi), chopped coconut, jaggery as main ingredients. Full video, step by step pictures recipe post.
This is the first time I am making ragi sweet adai. I like ragi savory adai, yet make less often as no one at home eats it as a meal. I am lazy to make it for myself. Somehow was craving for sweet adai for past couple of days. I referred here for measurements. I thought I will make ragi sweet adai, just like I make sweet adai with rice flour. I followed the same method as I prepare dough for rice sweet adai and pidi kozhukattai and it turned out really good.
I remember my mom’s ragi adai to be stiff and crispy than this one, I guess she roasts the flour and prepares sweet ragi adai. It adds flavour but I liked this one too. The chopped coconut adds a nice texture to the adai.
How to make sweet ragi adai recipe steps:
- Take jaggery, water in a heavy bottomed pan, stir over medium heat.
- Once jaggery is dissolved, filter it using metal strainer.
- Add coconut, cardamom, salt to it. Add ragi to it.
- Stir briskly and cook until a dough forms. It could take roughly 5 mins.
- Keep covered. Once cool down, divide to 5 equal sized balls.
- In a grease surface, flatten the balls to make thick adai.
- Cook both sides over medium heat until golden spots appear here and there and turns crisp.