Coconut milk murukku prepared with rice flour, moong dal flour and coconut milk as main ingredients. Crispy and flavourful murukku, perfect for Deepavali snacks.
Step by step how to make thengai paal murukku recipe:
How to extract coconut milk:
- Take 3/4 cup grated coconut and grind it with 1/2 cup warm water.
- Squeeze and filter it through metal strainer and collect the coconut milk.
- Use this coconut milk to knead dough for the murukku.
How to prepare murukku dough:
- I used store bought moong dal flour, so roasted it before using.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice flour, moong dal flour, cumin seeds, 1 tbsp oil, salt and mix well.
- Add coconut milk little by little and mix. If needed, add more water and make a smooth dough.
- Heat oil in kadai. Fix the murukku press with star shape holed plate and fill the press with dough.
How to prepare murukku:
- Over few greased ladles, squeeze the murukku. Once oil is hot, add the murukku carefully to oil by inverting the ladle with murukku in oil.
- Cook over medium flame. Flip and cook until sound and bubble reduces completely. Drain over paper towel. Regulate heat so that while murukku is dropped it is high, while cooking it is medium. Repeat to finish the dough.