Upma recipes that are quick and easy fix for breakfast, dinner or even snack. Here's a compilation of all upma recipes in one place. Click on each picture, it will take you to the detailed post.
Upma is a south Indian breakfast if you are new to Indian/ south Indian cooking. In Tamil nadu, we call it upma, while it is also known as uppittu in some other state.
Mostly it is made with rava (semolina - cream of wheat) and broken rice. Now it is also adapted to various ingredients. Below is the list of upma recipes from my blog.
Side dish can be simple chutney or sambar. I eat it as such when hot and just love it that way. Kids love with sugar too. Have heard through few friends that they love it with mango pickle/ avakkai.
My personal favorite is the basic one prepared with rava or semolina. The process of making upma is rather simple, which makes it more versatile in all households.
Many people consider it as boring dish, but if it is made in right way and enjoyed hot, this is an unbeatable dish. Using peanut oil, coconut oil and even ghee enhances taste. Make it nutritious by adding vegetables to it rather than just onion.
Check out my full Breakfast & dinner recipes.
- Rava upma recipe | How to make rava upma
- Semiya upma recipe, how to make semiya upma
- Oats upma recipe | Indian oats breakfast
- Godhumai rava upma recipe, Wheat rava upma
- Arisi upma recipe | How to make rice upma
- Rice rava upma, arisi upma in vengala panai
- Buttermilk rice rava upma, tangy quick
- Quinoa upma recipe, Indian quinoa recipes
- Pori upma recipe, puffed rice upma
- Javvarisi upma, How to make sago upma
- Bread upma recipe, how to make bread upma
- Red poha upma recipe, Red aval recipes
- Mango upma recipe, raw mango rava upma
- Lemon semiya, lemon vermicelli upma recipe
- Tomato rava upma recipe | Rava upma with tomato
- Aval upma recipe, south Indian style poha
- Thinai semiya upma recipe | Millet breakfast recipes
- Ragi semiya recipe | How to make sweet semiya, upma
- Easy Noi upma recipe, broken rice upma in rice cooker
- Idli upma recipe
- Microwave Godhumai rava upma recipe
- Millet upma recipe, how to make kuthiraivali upma
- Lemon aval recipe, Lemon aval upma