Vadai with vazhakkai, a simple snack made with plantain or raw banana with some simple ingredients. This can be made as tikki too for a low fat snack.
I had no idea making vazhakkai vadai, until I saw a tikki in my instagram stories from a restaurant as starter. I too thought I would make tikki, but then changed mind to make it as vada as I got tempted to make something in vada form.
Step by step pictures
- Pressure cook cut plantain with little water for three whistles. Soak poha for minimum 10 mins.
- Once done, peel off the skin. Remove any black parts and mash it well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to make a dough.
- Make equal sized balls and patties out of it.
- Heat oil in kadai and deep fry few per batch. Flip in-between once while cooking. Once golden, drain in paper towel.
Serve with chilli tomato sauce or any green chutney.