Veg keema paratha, soya keema stuffing with spices, masala flavor to blend well with it to make it tasty and well balanced in taste.
After my soya chunks curry, I try to cook few other soya chunks recipes and this is one of the try.
This is not soya chunks but its smaller than that, tiny bits called Soya Chura. I bought the MDH soyatein brand, if you want to know.
I got this inspiration of making paratha when I saw this in Ananda bhavan menu. They had made it with maida and it was square in shape too.
I made it just like any other stuffed parathas. Used atta for making dough.
I just made this with lots of masala powders to overcome the usual soya smell.
And since the size of this soya chura is really tiny, I think it blends well with the masalas coz of that. You can even try this soya keema masala as such as accompaniment or simply wrap in roti as well.
- Prepare dough and let it rest while we prepare the soya keema. Boil enough water and soak the soya chura for 10 minutes. Drain,wash it and squeeze the water. Repeat the process once again but with salt this time.
2. Heat a pan with oil and season with fennel, add onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off. Add chopped tomatoes and salt. Fry till soft.
3. Add all the powders and fry till the masala turns mushy. Add the squeezed soya churas.
4. Add ¼ cup water to blend the masala well with the soya and cook for 8 minutes (or until water evaporates)in low to medium flame to make a dry soya keema.
5. Roll a thick roti and spoon generous amount of the keema and roll into parathas carefully. Cook both sides until golden brown in medium flame with oil drizzled over.
- Soaking and squeezing out twice is a very important step to overcome the soya smell. so follow the step.
Serve veg keema paratha hot with onion raita, the best combo. Tastes great if eaten as such too, but best with the raita!
Veg keema paratha | Soya keema paratha
- ¾ cup Soya chura soya flakes
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomato
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 4 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1.5 teaspoon Fennel seeds / Sombu
For the dough
- 1.25 cups Atta
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Warm water as needed
- Prepare dough and let it rest while we prepare the soya keema.
- Boil enough water and soak the soya chura for 10 minutes.
- Drain, wash it and squeeze the water. Repeat the process once again but with salt this time.
- Heat a pan with oil and season with fennel, add onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
- After that, add chopped tomatoes and salt. Fry till soft.
- Add all the powders and fry till the masala turns mushy.
- Then add the squeezed soya churas.
- Add ¼ cup water to blend the masala well with the soya and cook for 8 minutes (or until water evaporates)in low to medium flame to make a dry soya keema.
- Roll a thick roti and spoon generous amount of the keema in middle.
- Seal and roll into parathas carefully.
- Cook both sides until golden brown in medium flame with oil drizzled over.
- Soaking and squeezing out twice is a very important step to overcome the soya smell, so follow the step.
Happy Cook / Finla
You make so much variety of parathas and till now i have not even made one, these looks so good.
never heard of this!looks so good will surely try!
Luv the idea of stuffing soya kheema in rotis...looks very tempting and nice clicks too 🙂
This comment has been removed by the author.
very innovative idea of stuffing soy kheema.. looks yummy...
Nice idea of stuffing soya kheema in parathas.But Raji can we use soya chunks instead of chura as im not having chura.Normail sized soya chunks only i have.
Nice idea , easy way to make kids have soya , who doesn't like it ...should try this with my son ..
looks like chicken keema paratha..perfect dear.
thats a lovely idea...looks fantastic.
very inviting and healthy...
SYF&HWS - Cook With SPICES" Series - CARDAMOM (Dec 5th to Jan 5th)
100 Friends/Followers & GIVEAWAY
I've been looking for a good recipe for Soya Parathas. This looks just perfect. Thanks...
yummmy n inviting..;)
Your parathas are perfectly round, perfectly sandwiched and just looking perfect... 🙂 I did learn to make the parathas from your site.. keep going
The parathas look very inviting and tempting! Perfect clicks too!
Yes, soak soya in hot water, squeeze the water completely and then grind it in the blender just for few seconds to make it into churas. Use the pulse/inch /juice option for blending.
Love this a lot lot Raji and I am soy chunks fan too so I use in many ways. The same mixture i use for bread stuffing ... way too tempted for breakfast now.
சோயா கீமா பராத்தா ரொம்ப நல்லா இருக்குங்க...
Delicious... I love the last pic!!
I have not seen the chura in my corner of this planet so will follow your suggestion an pulse them.
wow.....super inviting parathas.....nutritious too
wow...good variation for our regular parathas
Pratha looks so delicious and inviting.
Like your stepwise presentation...and Thanks for sharing diff version of Paratha.
Oh wow super paratha..
Super delicious stuffed soya kheema paratha,inviting..
love the spices in this paratha.. i can imagine this amazing hot filling leads to a lot of overeating!
Very appetizing parathas.. they are perfect..
Home Cooked Oriya Food
yummy... i have made paneer ones and kheema ones, this will be awesome too....
Nice idea...lovely stuffing recipe...paratha looks more tempting...pictures super o' super !!
I like soya keema is available in American grocery which has no smell and half cooked with spices. I used to make roll but haven't stuffed. Looks great 🙂
Very healthy parathas wid soya granules..looks delciious raji
looks absolutely perfect..
Healthy one.lovely idea:)
Looks tempting. Perfect parathas and nice clicks!!!!
Raji....incidentally i have this soya granules. I will make this and let u know. Looks lovely
Looks so tempting..the stuffing looks superb
Very nice paratha.
fabulous recipe... delicious..
This is awesome... I'm gonna try this soon..
Yummy dish dear:)
I've never been much of a soya chunk fan but your paratha looks yummy!Gotta try it.
Nice idea to use soya as stuffing. nice pictures Raks!
never tried anything with soya chunks. My mom used to add in biryani. ur clicks are inviting and a making me hungry
The word kheema just draws me in:)...awesome parathas!
looking tempting ...m going 2 try dis soon...thnks for d recipe dear...
Love to surf your blog spot 🙂
I made it today.. It was awesome..
I did not have soya chura thus I coarsely grinded the soya chunks.. It turned out to be perfectly well..
I made it today.. It was awesome. Thank you.. 🙂
I did not have soya chura.. instead I put soya chunks in the mixer grinder and coarsely powdered the soya and then soaked in hot water. Makes it perfectly well..
Only today i've checked ur 'about me' tab..before i wonder what ur name was 🙂
nice recipe...new idea with soya chunks..
By the it would be great if u could do a video on how to roll a stuffed paratha..As i couldnt roll a perfect one..either it gets torn or over dought on some sides..
Thanks in advance..
Love your blog..
Thank you 🙂 I already have that video in my aloo paratha post. Check here
I have tried this last night and came out very well...thank you
Your ideas are so good, delicious and healthy. thank you.
It is so delicious. Your ideas are so good and healthy. Also motivating us to try. Good job. Keep posting.
Tried this recipe in bread rolls, was tasty.
I need ur suggestion here what if I want to make tikkis or kebabs with this recipe. I am thinking of adding boiled and mashed potatoes in the filling. Will it do the job or I need to add something extra.
It should work great idea.
This comment has been removed by the author.