Vegetable crunchy salad with a carrot ginger orange base vinaigrette. Step by step detailed picture.
Fresh crisp vegetables in a deliciously juicy vinaigrette with nuts adding on an extra texture to the salad. I was judging a fun Instagram online competition held by Kirthika (AKA mylaporeiyeraathuponnu).
It was a cooking without fire theme. Participant came up with very creative recipes. I agreed to post the winning recipe here in my website and happy to share a healthy tasty salad winning recipe by Preeti.
To be honest, this is the first time I am buying lettuce in my life for salad. No one at home is salad person, so it is very very rare I make salad. I love salad, but only if someone assembles for me.
Also during this period of time, was really skeptical to try something raw/ uncooked. But since we have to start living with the given conditions, I bought the ingredients and tried this salad.
You can try whenever the condition is over, just posting here as I promised to post the winning recipe. Just take extra precautions by cleaning thoroughly. Especially the lettuce leaves.
The leaves have to be taken out separately and cleaned with extra care so that all gets super clean. Also it is important to keep the cutting boars we use also germ free.
Vegetable crunchy salad
- ½ Carrot
- ½ Cucumber
- 4 cabbage petals
- 4 Lettuce petals
- ½ onion
- ½ to mato or 8 cheery tomato
- 2 tablespoon peanut or any nuts
- 1 tablespoon yogurt/ ranch dip
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander
Carrot ginger Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- ½ carrot
- ½ tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place roughly chopped carrot, ginger in a blender. Grind it well.
- Then add olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, honey to it and grind smoothly.
- Gather ingredients needed. I sliced carrot, cucumber, onion and chopped tomato to bite size pieces. Chopped lettuce, cabbage to rough strips.
- Take every vegetable in a salad bowl. Add smoothed curd or ranch dip, pepper, cumin powder, salt, coriander leaves.
- In goes the prepared vinaigrette. Toss well. Serve immediately with nuts topped.
- I sliced the veggies, you can also julienne cut (carrot, cucumber)
1. Clean the vegetables well before using in the salad. I use sea salt + vinegar water to soak the veggies for 15 mins. Make sure to use a clean chopping board too.
2. Gather ingredients needed. Place roughly chopped carrot, ginger in a blender. Grind it well.
3. Then add olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, honey to it and grind smoothly.
4. I sliced carrot, cucumber, onion and chopped tomato to bite size pieces. Chopped lettuce, cabbage to rough strips.
5. Take every vegetable in a salad bowl. Add smoothed curd or ranch dip, pepper, cumin powder, salt, coriander leaves.
6. In goes the prepared vinaigrette. Toss well. Serve immediately with nuts topped.
Enjoy the flavourful tasty salad with fresh crunchy veggies. I also topped with some other mixed nuts.