Today I tried this vegetable puff from store bought frozen butter puff pastry sheets. It came out nice,was a perfect tea snack for my kid. He enjoyed this and wanted frequently😮.Diet conscious people🤔,excuse me.Experiment with your choice of stuffing inside!
Update : Where do you get puff pastry sheets in Chennai? – Amma naana
Vegetable puff recipe
Prep Time:20 mins | Cook time: 35 mins | Makes: 8
Mixed veggies,chopped – 1 cup
Onion – 1 no.,small
Tomato,chopped,deseeded – 1 no.,medium
Ginger garlic paste(optional) – 1/2 tsp
Seasoning- jeera or omam – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder/sambar powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Oil/ ghee – As needed
Salt – as needed for the veggies
Coriander leaves,chopped – 2-3 tblsp
- Pressure cook the veggies for 3 whistles with water just sprinkled over the veggies.
- Heat a non pan with a tsp of oil and splutter the seasoning,add onions and fry for a minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the boiled veggies and chopped de seeded tomatoes and add all the powders given in the table.
- Mix well and fry in low flame till all the masala blends well in the veggies. Lastly add the salt and mix well and cool down.
- Pre heat the oven in 220 Deg C
- Thaw and prepare the pastry sheets as per the instructions given in the cover.
- Cut into rectangles as shown in the picture.Keep 2 tblsps of filling in one side of the rectangle and fold and cover the stuffing.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and grease it with oil and arrange the puffs.( I first arranged the cut pastry pieces and then stuffed, in the baking tray itself). Brush the puffs with oil or ghee.
- Bake for 15-20 mins, until golden brown in colour.
- Brush again with oil or ghee if desired.
Serve hot with tomato sauce/ketchup/chilli sauce.
Note: (Final pictures updated later)