Vj is a fan of thin crust pizza. He likes it for its crispiness, lightness. Both texture wise, calorie wise, its better.
I have never thought of trying at home when ever I make pizza for Aj, I make the regular pizza. I saw this recipe in The kitchn and tried, for the first time, I made it bit thick.
Vj asked me to try again and make it thinner than that. I disagreed with him first, but when I tried the second time rolling thinner, it came out perfectly 😊.
Unlike the regular pizza, thin crust pizza need not any fermentation time, you can make it instantly. And less maida /cheese you in-take when compared to the regular ones.
- Pre heat the oven to 230 deg. C or how much ever is the maximum temperature your oven has, that much.
- Keep the cheese outside for defrosting it. Mean while you can prepare the dough for base. Make the water lukewarm, dissolve yeast in it.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add salt, flour to it and make a loose dough.
4. Knead for 10 minutes to a smooth dough. If its sticky, you can sprinkle some more flour and knead, but it should be a loose and soft dough.
Keep it covered. In a counter top, cut a baking sheet to square, place the dough over it, roll thinly like a roti.
5. Since we are rolling over a paper, we will be able to roll it thinly. If it sticks to the rolling pin, dust with flour. Using a back of a broad spoon, spread the pizza sauce.
6. Spread the chopped veggies, sprinkle cheese over it. Sprinkle the italian seasoning. Transfer by pulling this paper over a baking tray carefully.
7. Bake for 5 minutes. Since it will be half done, you will be now able to transfer the pizza from paper to the baking tray.
Again continue baking for 8 minutes or until the sides becomes golden and cheese becomes golden in colour.
8. Cool over a wire rack, cut and serve hot with chilli flakes.
Crispy thin crust pizza ready under 30 minutes. Easy and tasty! You can cut it into squares too as we get in the pizza shops.
it looks perfect..
What a lovely pizza....so easy and quick recipe... checking for yeast now!!
I m not a grean fan of thin crust but yours looks absolutely yum
I am looking for thin crust pizza for long time with easy instructions . Thanks raks !!
Hi... Images are not displaying...
Thank you for a low carb recipe, Raks. Will this yield a 12-inch thin crust pizza? Thanks for your time.
Size of Medium sized pizza that we get in pizza hut.
No need to keep the dough for fermentation? I want to try today.
Can u give me the recipe for mashed potatoes and garlic bread please.
Where do you buy your yeast from ?I don't find the one you use in FairPrice!
It is available in certain fairprice, and at times it runs out of stock. So keep checking and when you get, buy and keep.
The dough need not gt fermented before using? As we do it for normal pizza base?
Yes that's how we achieve crisp crust
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.