Vj is a fan of thin crust pizza. He likes it for its crispiness, lightness. Both texture wise, calorie wise, its better.
I have never thought of trying at home when ever I make pizza for Aj, I make the regular pizza. I saw this recipe in The kitchn and tried, for the first time, I made it bit thick.
Vj asked me to try again and make it thinner than that. I disagreed with him first, but when I tried the second time rolling thinner, it came out perfectly 😊.
Unlike the regular pizza, thin crust pizza need not any fermentation time, you can make it instantly. And less maida /cheese you in-take when compared to the regular ones.
- Pre heat the oven to 230 deg. C or how much ever is the maximum temperature your oven has, that much.
- Keep the cheese outside for defrosting it. Mean while you can prepare the dough for base. Make the water lukewarm, dissolve yeast in it.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add salt, flour to it and make a loose dough.
4. Knead for 10 minutes to a smooth dough. If its sticky, you can sprinkle some more flour and knead, but it should be a loose and soft dough.
Keep it covered. In a counter top, cut a baking sheet to square, place the dough over it, roll thinly like a roti.
5. Since we are rolling over a paper, we will be able to roll it thinly. If it sticks to the rolling pin, dust with flour. Using a back of a broad spoon, spread the pizza sauce.
6. Spread the chopped veggies, sprinkle cheese over it. Sprinkle the italian seasoning. Transfer by pulling this paper over a baking tray carefully.
7. Bake for 5 minutes. Since it will be half done, you will be now able to transfer the pizza from paper to the baking tray.
Again continue baking for 8 minutes or until the sides becomes golden and cheese becomes golden in colour.
8. Cool over a wire rack, cut and serve hot with chilli flakes.
Crispy thin crust pizza ready under 30 minutes. Easy and tasty! You can cut it into squares too as we get in the pizza shops.