Watermelon granita is a great summer treat that cools you from inside out. Perfect to make use of the watermelon
Another easy peasy summer treat! Watermelon by itself is a great thirst quencher. I wanted to make this granita for long time since I thought watermelon will be great when made as granita.
And yes it was perfect, it's actually like heaven when you have it on a hot sunny day when you are thirsty and craving something cold to have. Vj and me totally loved it.
Here is the simple recipe, try this and impress your family and friends. I saw this recipe idea as a Popsicle here and adapted slightly, tried as granita.
Watermelon granita recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Dessert
Prep Time: 12 hrs | Cook time: 0 mins | Serves: 2
Watermelon chopped - 4 cups
Sugar - ¼ cup
Mint leaves - 6
Lemon juice - 1 tblsp
1. Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour in a freezer safe broad container. Freeze for an hour and again take it out, wipe the sides inside the box especially corners, that would have started to freeze.
2. Repeat once again after an hour. Again freeze overnight or minimum 6 hours and use a fork to scrap the frozen mixture and serve immediately.
- Do not add more mint leaves as it will over power and ruin the taste.
- While freezing, refrain opening the freezer door often.
- Granita is supposed to be grainy, so make sure you scrap with fork and there should not be any lumps too.
Serve as soon as you scrap as it will melt very fast, then it will loose the texture.