Whipped lemonade is the liquid version of lime creamsicle I would say. It's been popular for a while now, after a viral tiktok video.
Before summer is out, I wanted to try out this creamy lemon flavor ice blended drink.
After I tried the trending dalgona recipe in mocha flavor, I wanted to try this out too as it sounded so delicious. Because,the famous Tiktok Whipped lemonade kept coming in my Google discover from sites like Delish, Cnet. So thought of trying it out.
Quite simple ingredients. I had all in my pantry so when I read the With only 4 main ingredients - lemon juice, condensed milk, whipped cream and ice, doesn't it sound tempting enough?
- Whipped cream
- Condensed milk
- Lemon juice
- Lots of ice cubes
See recipe card for quantities.
Though this is the basic idea of this cold summer drink, you can always play with the ingredients according to availability or if you want to follow a specific diet.
First, let's see how we can make this vegan.
- Condensed milk - sweetened condensed coconut milk or sweetened condensed oat milk can be used for instance.
- Whipped cream - Similarly, now a days there are many easily available coconut whipping cream available in shops. You can also use coconut cream, if not the coconut whipping cream.
For instance, what if any one ingredient you want to swap. That is make your own whipped cream for this recipe?
Here's how to make whipped cream:
Start by whipping cold heavy cream/ whipping cream in a bowl over a bed of ice cubes. Then, use a splash of vanilla extract and sugar along whipping cream.
Beat until stiff peaks forms. Then use it in the recipe. You can also add everything together and blend if you are going to use whipped cream topping.
Want to make lower fat version? Instead of making it a whipped drink, make it a shaken drink using half and half (evaporated milk) or even milk in place of whipped cream.
Is video more your thing? Check this Single serving whipped lemonade short video
Using a powerful blender is recommended as we need to blend the ice cubes so well that it would not affect the creamy texture. It should justify the whipped drink.
I used my panasonic medium jar and it was doing good affiliate link to purchase the equipment.
It's best to enjoy immediately. If for any reason it's leftover, you can try freezing. Then blend it again to make it drinkable later.
I would suggest to not reduce condensed milk as the taste gets affected by it and you would end up in not liking the drink. Trust me, I tried that!
Using the ingredients as per recipe will give you perfect results. Do not skimp on ice cubes. You need everything in it's quantity for the recipe to work.
Whipped lemonade recipe | Single serving
Equipments (Amazon Affiliate links)
- 1.5 cups Ice cubes
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon condensed milk
- 1 cup Whipped cream
- Lemon zest to garnish optional
- First, gather all the ingredients needed.
- Place the ingredients in the blender.1.5 cups Ice cubes, ¼ cup Lemon juice, 3 tablespoon condensed milk, 1 cup Whipped cream
- Combine everything well until the ice cubes are blended smoothly with other ingredients and the drink becomes thick and creamy.
- Pour into the serving glass.
- Top it with whipped cream.
- Scrap some lemon zest if desired, over the whipped cream.Lemon zest to garnish
- Enjoy the drink immediately after. It's so creamy, dreamy and yummy!
- Do not reduce condensed milk otherwise it will taste tangy alone.
- If ice cubes are reduced or not blended properly, creamy results wont be acheived.
First, gather all the ingredients needed.
Place everything in the blender.
Combine everything well until the ice cubes are blended smoothly with other ingredients and the drink becomes thick and creamy.
Pour in serving glass.
Top it with whipped cream.
Scrap some lemon zest if desired, over the whipped cream. Enjoy the drink immediately after. It's so creamy, dreamy and yummy!
If you love lemon based desserts, you will definitely love this lemony creamy drink too. Do try this summer.