White pumpkin (known as poosanikai in Tamil) juice with mint and coriander flavour, is not only a summer coolant but also good tasting with lots of health benefits.
I wanted to try this when I heard from my parents that they have this poosanikai juice everyday in empty stomach.
Asked this recipe few times from them, but always some of the other ingredient would be missing to try.
So this time I thought just will make poosanikkai as main ingredient and add the other ingredients that are available with me.
Already its hot and I am sure everyone will be looking for drinks to keep yourself cool. Hope this would help.
- Helps recovering from kidney stones, gall bladder, liver related problems.
- Good for people with constipation issues.
- Aids digestion.
- Good for insomnia.
- Body coolant.
- Good for morning sickness in pregnant women
- Helps reducing heart diseases and stroke.
- Good for lowering blood pressure, cholesterol.
Cucumber - Swap with a carrot or a nellikkai (Amla - Indian gooseberry)
Mint, coriander - I would not suggest omitting mint, but you can add a sprig of curry leaves.
Pepper powder - Add roasted cumin powder along or swap it.
Salt - Use pink salt for more health benefits.
Step by step photos
- Since we are using everything raw in this drink, make sure to clean the ingredients well firstly. Wash them thoroughly. Place pumpkin, cucumber, mint, coriander leaves along with salt in a blender.
2. Blend with little water and pour it over a strainer.
3. Filter the juice with more added chilled water and squirt lemon juice from a whole lemon. I used lime here.
4. Mix well and check for salt. Add pepper powder and serve juice immediately.
Serve white pumpkin juice immediately! Perfect drink for summer.
Poosanikai juice recipe
- 2 cups White pumpkin Poosanikai cubed
- ½ cup Cucumber cubed
- ¼ cup Mint and coriander leaves loosely packed
- 1 Lemon Lime
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt – As needed
- Since we are using everything raw in this drink, make sure to clean the ingredients firstly. So wash well.
- After that, place pumpkin, cucumber, mint, coriander leaves along with salt in a blender.
- Then, blend with little water and pour it over a strainer.
- Filter furthermore with more added chilled water and squirt lemon juice from a whole lemon. I used lime here.
- Mix well and check for salt. Finally add pepper powder and serve immediately.
- Instead of cucumber, you can use one big variety Indian gooseberry (Amla/ nellikkai) for cooling property.
- My parents add a carrot as well in this. Add a piece of ginger too if you like.
- Use chilled pumpkin and cucumber so that the drink is cold too.