Eggless caramel chip cookies recipe
Eggless caramel chip cookies recipe, crisp from outside, soft/ chewy inside caramel chip cookies with full video, step by step pictures.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time35 mins
- All purpose flour - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Milk - 2 & 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
- Sea salt caramel chips - 3/4 cup
Preheat oven at 170 deg C. Line a baking tray with butter paper, Grease it with butter.
Take all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix it well.
In another bowl, place butter (at room temperature), vanilla and sugar.
Beat well until creamy using whisk.Add milk and beat again until light and pale.
Add flour mixture little by little and gather together with your finger tips.
Once you form a dough, add caramel chips and fold gently to incorporate in the dough.
Divide into equal sized balls, 1 tbsp each.
Arrange leaving space in the baking tray.Flatten slightly into thick cookies.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until the cookies start turning golden at the edge.
Take out the baking tray and let it sit for a minute or two.
Then take out the cookies and cool them completely over wire rack before storing.
- My oven beeps once the preheat set temperature is attained. If yours doesn't, preheat for 10 mins.
- Keep an eye after 8 mins, as the baking time might vary from oven to oven.
- I used aluminium foil, but recommend to use butter paper for best result.
- At step 6, if the dough is too dry, sprinkle milk to make it form a dough. Take care, not to add more, the dough should not be sticky.
- I used demerara sugar. You can use granulated white sugar too. Brown sugar will give different texture.
- All the ingredients are measured levelled.
- Do not over bake, the caramel chip might get burnt.
- Instead of vanilla essence, a tsp of pure vanilla extract can be used.
- I baked in middle rack with both top and bottom heating elements.