Easy garlic pickle recipe
Garlic pickle recipe with lemon, spice powder and very less oil. Super easy procedure with full video, stepwise pictures. Just need 5 days to get ready and goes well with curd rice.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Soaking time2 hrs
Total Time30 mins
- 1/2 cup Garlic small variety peeled
- 5 Lemon Indian small variety
- Salt - as needed
To roast, powder
- 12 red chillies
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp oil
Peel garlic. Cut into two if it is big.In a kadai, heat 1 tsp oil and roast red chillies, asafoetida, fenugreek seeds in medium flame.
Once fenugreek seeds are golden roasted, remove everything in a plate for cooling.
Grind once cooled into a powder along with salt.
In a pickling jar, preferably porcelain or glass, take peeled garlic.
Add the powdered spice mix and squeeze all the lemon over it. Lemon should me more, enough to completely coat the garlic along with spice mix.
In a kadai, heat a tsp of oil and temper mustard. Mix to the pickle.
Keep aside for 4-5 day, shaking or mixing everyday.
- Use (south)Indian small variety garlic. If big, cut each clove into 2-3 for easily getting soaked.
- Give it a mix each day for evenness in taste.
- For lazy version, just mix store bought chilli powder, lemon, garlic and salt. No tempering too.
- Tastes better when it gets soaked more.
- Use half spicy chillies and half kashmiri red chillies for super bright red colour.
- My red chillies are medium spiced.
- Let the lemon and red chilli be balanced with salt all together for best taste.
- Add lemon, salt generously for more shelf life.