Mango chutney recipe
Mango chutney recipe to go with paratha, papad. Spicy, sweet, sour and salty with flavourful spices added. Step by step pictures post.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 large Mango 2 & 1/2 cups grated
- 1 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1/2 cup Jaggery powdered
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp roasted Cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Kalonji seeds
- 1/2 tsp Kala namak
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
Peel Mango, grate it or slice into small pieces.In a pan, heat a tsp of oil.
In low heat, add mustard, nigella seeds, ginger, chilli, chilli powder, coriander seeds powder. Give it a quick stir.
Add grated mango, turmeric, salt. Mix for a minute.
Sprinkle cumin seeds powder. Add powdered jaggery, mix well.
The jaggery melts in heat and becomes watery. Add vinegar now.
Cook covered for 5 mins in low flame.
It will be glossy by now. Cool down and transfer to clean jar.
- Used large mango, which after grating was 2 & 1/2 cups approx. I used julienne grater.
- If you want textured chutney, use sliced mango or chopped mango.
- Turmeric, green chilli is optional.
- If using sugar, use it little less than 1/2 cup