Tomato peas pulao recipe
Tomato peas pulao recipe with step by step pictures. An easy and tasty recipe with tips and tricks to get perfect grains of pulao.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Soaking time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 35 mins
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste (optiona)
- ¼ cup Green peas
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 3/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- Green chilli – 2
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 2 tbs Oil + Ghee – 2 tblsp
- 1 cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon
- 1 Clove
- 1 Bay leaf
Soak basmati rice for at least 1 hour. Chop tomatoes finely, slice onion and slit green chillies.
Heat a pressure cooker with oil,ghee and temper with the items given under ‘To temper’.
Add green chillies, onions and fry till onion turns transparent.
Add ginger garlic paste, green peas and fry for a minute. Then add tomatoes.
Add salt, turmeric, masala powder and red chilli powder. Fry till the tomatoes turn mushy.
Drain the soaked rice and add it. Fry for a minute and add 1 cup of water, coriander leaves.
Bring to boil and pressure cook until 2 whistles in low flame.
- Soaking as much as possible will give soft rice.
- Pressure cook in low or medium flame to avoid burning at the bottom. I usually keep lowest possible flame and cook for long time even without giving whistle.
- Ginger garlic paste is optional and you can replace it with 3-4 chopped garlic.
- You can add jeera or fennel, curry leaves when you temper.
- Also you can add 8- 10 mint leaves while you fry onion.