pudina paratha, pudina laccha paratha with step by step pictures. Flavourful, crispy, layered mint paratha, made as lacha paratha with spices and ghee.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Resting time10 mins
- 1 cup wheat flour/ atta
- 1/2 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt as needed
To mix together
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp amchoor powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds powder roasted
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp oil
Take 1 cup wheat flour, 1/2 cup maida in a mixing bowl. Add salt, 1 tbsp oil and mix well. Add required water and mix well.
Knead to a smooth pliable dough and keep aside for minimum 10 mins.
After resting time, knead again smoothly and divide into 6 equal sized balls.
In a small bowl, mix dried mint, 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp ghee, red chilli powder, amchoor powder, cumin seeds powder.
Spread out each dough ball into thick rotis. Smear a tbsp of the mint spice mix, evenly over the roti.
Roll the roti as shown in picture. Cut into two in the mid using knife leaving one end intact.
Coil the roti and keep aside. Let it rest 10 mins minimum again.
Spread gently into thick parathas. Dust with flour while spreading out.
Heat tawa and cook the paratha both sides in medium flame. Gently press using spatula while cooking.
- Use generous oil or ghee to define the layers well. Otherwise it will get together and layers won't be visible.
- Too much sticky dough leads to difficulty in rolling as well as defining the layers unless use lots of oil/ flour while rolling.
- You can use only wheat flour and avoid maida / all purpose flour.