Kambu murukku recipe
Kambu murukku, pear millet flour murukku is a better variant of murukku with the goodness of peal millet known as Bajra in Hindi.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Servings: 26 mini murukku
- 1/2 cup kambu flour/ pearl millet flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp besan/ Kadalai mavu
- 1 tbsp roasted gram dal flour/ pottukadalai maavu
- 2 tsp Oil hot
- 1/2 tsp ajwain/ omam
- Salt as needed
Take kambu flour*, rice flour, besan, roasted gram dal flour, ajwain, salt in a bowl. Add 2 tsp hot oil over it.
Mix well and add water later to make a smooth pliable dough.
Take your murukku press with single hole, it can be of any design.
Fill the press and squeeze over a greased plate or ladle. I made it mini but you can make chakli type too.
Heat oil and deep fry the murukku carefully. Drain in paper towel. Repeat to finish.
- *Some bajra flour are refined that is fine flour but some have husk in it. For murukku, I recommend to sieve it so that you get fine flour.
- Even while making larger numbers, always knead dough in small batches.
- Be patient to fry in medium or low flame after you flip the murukkus and ensure the bubbles ceases completely for crisp and light murukku. Otherwise it turns hard.