Mango Pachadi recipe
Learn how to make mango pachadi with full video, step by step pictures. Neem flowers are added to the mango pachadi when made on Tamil new year's day.
- 1.5 cups Raw mango sliced
- ¼ cup Jaggery powdered
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Coconut grated
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Oil
- ¾ tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 Green chilli slit
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
Mango pachadi recipe method:
Bring enough water to boil, add sliced mango pieces to it.
When again start to boil, drain the water completely.
Add salt,turmeric and ¼ cup water and cook the mango till soft. Keep stirring often to avoid sticking to the bottom.
Powder jaggery goes in. Boil till it dissolves.
Add smoothly ground coconut paste and bring to boil. Temper with the items given under ‘To Temper’ table. Add neem flowers in tempering if it is made for Tamil new year.
Mix well and serve as accompaniment for rice.
- The whole cooking has to be done in medium flame, frequent stirring to avoid burning.
- The first step is to remove the sharp sourness from the mangoes.
- If you don't have jaggery you can add sugar, my mil adds sugar mostly which gives a great colour too.
- My jaggery was very old so it was dark in colour too,so the colour of the pachadi varies with the jaggery/sugar we are using.