Magizhampoo murukku recipe
Magizhampoo murukku, magizhampoo thenkuzhal with coconut milk. Learn this tasty mullu murukku recipe with step by step pictures.
Servings: 20 murukku
- 2 cups Idiyappam flour/ Rice flour
- ¼ cup Roasted moong dal flour
- ¼ cup Coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Sugar candy/kalkandu powder - 3 tbsp
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp ghee or melt butter or oil
- Salt as needed
- Oil - for deep frying
We have some preparations before making the murukku. Roast moong dal/paasi paruppu till golden,cool down,powder it and sieve it. Grind 3/4 cup coconut with little warm water and extract coconut milk from it. Powder the sugar candy.
Warm the coconut milk and dissolve the powdered sugar candy in it. Use this warm milk while making dough. Take rice flour, moong dal flour,sesame seeds,ghee, salt(if usinin a bowl and mix well. Add coconut milk and enough water gradually to make a smooth stif dough. THere should not be any cracks too.
Take the star holed plate in the murukku press and fill it with the prepared dough. Heat oil in kadai , meanwhile draw murukku in circles in greased ladles. Drop carefully in oil and fry in medium flame.
Fry both sides till golden colour or the bubbles ceases. Drain from oil to paper towels.
- Just 1/4 cup coconut milk is enough,use plain water for the rest. More milk makes cooking time long and harder murukku too.
- Using more sweet makes the murukku brown in colour also becomes harder.
- Always deep fry in medium heat while cooking. But make sure the oil is hot while squeezing.
- I had already the powdered moong dal, so I have not shown those steps..hehe.
- If your murukku breaks while making, try sprinkling more water and knead and try again. Use finest rice flour to avoid this.
- You can also replace moong dal powder with urad dal powder.