Vella aval recipe
Gokulashtami is nearing and if you are looking for easy recipe to offer on the day of Gokulashtami, vella aval could be the perfect one.
- ½ cup Aval flattened rice
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp Jaggery powdered
- 1 Cardamom powdered
- 1 Edible camphor Mustard size
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 tbsp Grated coconut
In a pan, heat jaggery and very little water just to dissolve the jaggery. Take care not to add more as it will make poha soggy.
Wash poha and drain water completely. Add edible camphor, salt and cardamom powder to it.
Add the dissolved jaggery through a strainer. Mix well. Give half hour standing time.
Mix in the grated coconut.
- You can make it more rich by adding ghee fried cashews and raisins.
- I used thick variety poha.
- Adding salt will enhance the sweetness.