How to make kara sev method
Karasev recipe, Crisp flavourful with rice flour, besan and black pepper! Step by step pictures recipe.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 cup Gram flour/ kadalai mavu heaped
- ¾ cup Rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon Asafoetida powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon Pepper crushed coarsely
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon Butter softened
- Oil For deep frying
First sieve gram flour if it has any lumps. Take both rice flour and besan in a bowl, melt butter and add it to it.
Add crushed pepper and jeera, salt, turmeric and asafoetida. Mix well.
Add enough water to make a stiff dough. But there shouldn’t be any cracks. Make as a smooth dough.
Take the murukku press with the same plate we use to make murukku.
Fill the press with dough and press in hot oil in large circles. Do not make too many layers.Just two circles.
Fry in medium flame on both sides till the bubbles and ‘shhhh’sounds ceases. Drain over paper towels. Repeat to finish. Break roughly to get small pieces.
- You can do the authentic way in which the dough is rubbed through a big ladle with holes. But I found it difficult as i had only a small ladle and I could not bear the heat, so this is the easier way. No big difference too.
- Eat after a day to enjoy the pepper flavour fully.
- If making big amount than mentioned, make in batches. Otherwise the colour of the snack changes towards the end as time passes.