Microwave corn flour halwa recipe
Microwave corn flour halwa recipe under 20 mins. No sweat, no sugar syrup. Just mix and cook everything. Perfect for beginners and bachelors. Very less ghee too.
Servings: 20 pieces
- ½ cup Corn flour white starch
- 1 & ½ cup Sugar
- 2 cup Water
- 1 pinch Cardamom powder
- 5 Cashews
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 pinch Food colour
Mix corn flour,sugar,water and food colour in a large microwavable bowl, without any lumps.
Microwave in high for 6 minutes. After 4 minutes in between, mix once. Again microwave for 6 minutes, stirring in between after every 2 minutes of interval.
Fry cashews in ghee till golden brown (You can do this too in microwave by placing 1 tbsp ghee and broken cashew together in a microwave safe glass bowl for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds) and mix well along with cardamom powder. Grease a plate with ghee and pour in the plate and let it cool down for 1/2 hour or so. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
- Stirring in between as mentioned is very important to ensure even cooking.
- Do not reduce the sugar amount,as it will change the glossy look too and end up in porridge ;)
- The whole process is made in microwave high power.
- According to oven the cooking time varies plus or minus 2-3 minutes.
- Consume within one or two days. Refrigeration changes the texture so it is not recommended.
- There is a easy way to remember the recipe. 1 part corn flour,3 parts sugar,4 parts water. i.e; which ever cup u use, use the same cup and follow the ratio. Simple.
- Use natural food colours.