Instant mango ginger pickle
Mango ginger pickle, is made with a variety of ginger that smells like mango even texture is smooth than regular ginger. This is a instant version of mango ginger pickle.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup Mango ginger/maa inji Chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 5 Green chillies
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp Sesame oil/ nallennai
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida optional
Peel the skin of the ginger using a peeler,wash it and pat dry.
Chop it according to your wish,my mom slices into circles,easier way…but I chopped them finely…so its your choice.
Take this in a bowl and squeeze the lemon and add salt and chopped green chillies. Mix well.
Season with the items given under ‘To temper’ table,mix well and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Use after a day or two.
- The pickle tend to leave water after we add salt.
- You can add finely chopped capsicum also in this same recipe.Also try adding all the
- veggies like carrot,cabbage,cucumber to make vegetable pickle.