Ginger Cardamom tea recipe
Ginger cardamom tea/ chai is so easy to make at home. Learn how to make Indian chai with step by step photos. Flavourful tea/ chai at home under 15 mins.
- 1 & ½ cup Fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon Ginger crushed
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 teaspoon Tea powder heaped
- Sugar as needed I add 1 & ¼ tsp
First boil milk and add peeled, crushed ginger and crushed cardamom (with skin) and tea powder.
Simmer to low and let it boil for 5-6 minutes or until you get a good colour you want for the tea. Filter using a tea strainer and then add sugar and mix well.
- You can dilute the milk if you want your tea in thinner side. I like my tea rich and thick.
- Make sure to clean the ginger well before adding to milk. Peel the skin and wash. Skin of ginger is not edible. So discard it.
- Depending in the texture of tea granules, the amount might vary. So always refer to the back of the tea pack how much it is needed per serving and add accordingly.