Rasam powder recipe
Rasam powder recipe, learn how to make homemade rasam powder that you can grind in mixie and store in bulk.
Servings: 1 cup
- ¾ cup Coriander seeds
- 20 Red chilli long variety
- ¼ cup Toor dal
- ¼ cup Chana dal
- 3 tablespoon Black pepper
- 3 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon Hing
Dry roast red chilli,hing (if solid. Refer notes), channa dal and toor dal first until dals are golden in colour. Roast in medium flame with constant frying. Transfer to a plate for cooling and then roast coriander seeds and pepper until fragrant.
Once the coriander seeds is roasted well, it lends a great flavour. Now add jeera lastly. Fry until it starts popping. Cool everything completely.
Powder it to a fine powder in a mixer and store in an airtight container.
- I used solid hing so roasted along the ingredients together. If powder, you can add it towards end while roasting to prevent burning.
- Can be stored for a month if handled properly in an airtight container.
- If you want you can add turmeric in this powder. I add turmeric to rasam only if needed.