Beetroot pulao recipe
Beetroot pulao is an easy, nutritious one pot meal. Makes a perfect lunch box recipe. Colourful pulao, treat for eyes as well as taste buds. Step by step pictures.
- 1 cup heaped Basmati rice
- 1 cup heaped Beetroot chopped
- ½ cup Green peas
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 cup Coconut milk thin
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt As needed
- 1 tablespoon Oil / Ghee
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Clove
- ½ teaspoon Saunf fennel seeds
Soak basmati rice for at least ½ hour. Heat a small pressure cooker with oil/ ghee, temper with the items given under ‘To temper’ table in order. Add thinly sliced onions and fry till transparent.
In goes ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute in medium flame. Add beetroot and green peas. Sprinkle little salt and continue frying for 2 mins in medium flame.
Add turmeric, chilli powder and dhaniya powder and give it a fry. Add thin coconut milk and a cup of water. Bring to boil, add required salt and soaked basmati rice. Mix well.
Boil briskly until ¾th done, then cook covered for 14 minutes in lowest possible flame with lid and pressure valve.
Or as soon as water boils, close the lid and cook upto 2 whittles in medium flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can garnish with fried cashews too and can skip green peas.
- I didn’t had ginger garlic paste, so I pressed ginger and garlic in garlic press.
- Add rice only after water boils. if you boil water and rice together, it gets mushy.