Kambu adai recipe
Kambu adai recipe - bhajra, pearl millet spicy lentils adai recipe with step by step pictures. Healthy adai with millets and lentils combination.
- 1/2 cup Pearl millet/ bhajra/ kambu
- 1/2 cup Chana dal
- 1/4 cup Toor dal
- 1/4 cup Urad dal
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger
- 1 cup Cabbage finely chopped
- 8 Red chilli
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
Wash and soak kambu, chana dal, toor dal and urad dal for 3 hours minimum.
First grind red chilli powder, salt, ginger and half the asafoetida to a coarse powder.
Add the kambu and soaked dals drained from water. Grind coarsely with little water. You can make immediately or rest for 1 or 2 hours before making.
Temper with mustard, asafoetida, curry leaves and sautee onion.
Add it to the batter. Add chopped cabbage and mix.
Heat tawa and grease with few drops of oil. Add little batter and make thick adai. Cook covered in medium flame and flip and cook for another minute until golden. Add oil as per your preference.
- You can soak kambu/ bhajra overnight and add dals to it in morning, soak for 3 hrs.
- Make sure to grind and break the kambu as it is a small grain. Or you can soak it separately and grind first before adding dals.
- Do not ferment for more than 1 or 2 hrs. refrigerate after that.
- You can skip tempering and add onion as such.
- You can add few mint leaves as suggested by the reader friend. But I had no stock, so didn’t add. but it was fine without mint.