Cabbage kheer recipe
Cabbage kheer, cabbage payasam is a wonderful dessert tastes great similar to Rabri. Cabbage is cooked, sauteed in ghee, made rich along with milk, condensed milk.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon condensed milk
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- ½ inch Cinnamon
- 2 cardamom
- 2 drops kewra water
- 2 drops rose water
- 1 pinch salt
I used my mandolin slicer to slice cabbage to thin strips. You can use knife too.
Boil 3 cups water, add shredded cabbage to it. Boil for 5 mins, drain water. Squeeze excess water completely.
Heat a heavy bottomed pan with ghee. Add cinnamon and cardamom to it. In goes cabbage. Sautee 5 mins in low flame with a dash of salt.
Pour in the milk and bring to boil. Simmer until milk reduced to half the volume.
Add sugar, condensed milk and mix well. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
In goes the kewra water and rose water. Switch off flame and garnish with nuts.
- In the original recipe, they have asked to add sugar along sauteeing the cabbage. I totally forgot so added after milk reduced.
- Salt can also be skipped, it is just to avoid flat taste.
- Keep stirring to avoid burnt battom.
- I added more ghee found it floating as a layer on top, which I did not like. So reduced the quantity in the recipe.