eggless vanilla cake recipe
This is a basic eggless vanilla cake recipe without any butter or condensed milk in it. Step by step pictures recipe.
- 1 & ½ cups minus 3 tbsp, All purpose flour/ maida
- 3 tablespoon Corn flour
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
Pre heat oven to 180 oC. Sieve maida with corn flour twice to ensure even mixing. Mix curd and sugar in a bowl well. Add the baking powder and baking soda and let it rest for 2 – 3 minutes.
You can see the mixture now to be slightly frothy. Now mix oil and vanilla well to it. Add the flour one tablespoon at a time and mix well.
After mixing all the flour, pour it in the baking pan,greased with oil and dusted with a teaspoon of flour.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Mine took 40 minutes for getting done. let it be in the pan for 5 minutes and invert carefully in a wire rack for cooling.
If you want you can enjoy this simple vanilla cake as such with tea /coffee. Otherwise if you want you can frost it with the chocolate frosting given below.
- You can use 1 & ½ cup cake flour instead of maida and cornflour.
- Use icing sugar for frosting if you have. If you powder,make sure its powdered very fine.
- If you don’t like oil in this cake, you can try replacing with ½ cup melted butter.