Milagu kashayam recipe
Milagu kashayam is a perfect home remedy for common cold and it's symptoms like fever, body pain, cough etc. With full video and step by step pictures.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey
Dry roast black pepper until it pops, lower the flame and add cumin seeds.
Keep roasting until cumin seeds crackles too. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in low flame, add sugar to the same pan, let it melt and start turning deep in colour.
Carefully add 2 cups water. Let it boil. Powder the pepper and cumin.
Add to the boiling water. Mix well.
Let it boil for 5 mins in medium flame or until the water reduces to half.
Filter and let it become warm. Mix honey (or jaggery/ palm sugar).
- While roasting pepper, cover with a lid as it pops.
- Add cumin after the pepper pops as cumin seeds tend to get roasted soon.
- While caramelizing sugar, do it in medium flame. Be careful while adding water.
- The filtered residue can be again boiled with water to get a lighter dose of kashayam.
- As this is strong, just take one dose per day.