Lemon rice recipe
Lemon rice recipe is the simplest and best of all variety rice. I love it, so enjoy the process of making. Step by step recipes.
- 2 & ½ cup Cooked rice
- 2 Lemon small size Indian lemon
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- Salt - As needed
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- ½ tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tbsp Chana dal
- 3 tbsp Peanuts
- 3 Red chilli
- 4 Green chilli
- ⅛ tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Curry leaves
Cook rice with water ratio 1 :2 for 3 whistles. After done, transfer to a broad bowl and add a tsp of oil and a tsp of salt and mix carefully once and keep aside.
Squeeze lemon and collect the juice. Heat a kadai/ pan with oil, add mustard, once spluttered, add urad dal, channa dal, peanuts and redchilli. Fry till golden.
Then add green chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and turmeric. Give a quick stir and add the lemon juice. If you want you can add a tbsp of water and switch off the stove. Add salt and mix well.
Add it to the cooled rice and mix well. Adjust salt, sesame oil as desired.
- After tempering, just switch off the stove and add lemon juice if you don’t want to loose the vitamins. You can also directly squeeze the lemon over the cooked rice like my mom does.
- Add turmeric generously. Then only you may get the colour.
- Adding red chillies and green chillies help a lot in flavour + spiciness.
- I used basmati rice , but you can use any rice or even do with left over rice.
- Give some standing time for the lemon rice to get the tastes incorporated well.
- Usually the tanginess should be more when you taste immediately. But later it will get absorbed and taste balanced.