Vazhakkai vadai recipe
Vazhakkai vadai recipe, a simple snack made with plantain or raw banana with some simple ingredients. This can be made as tikki too for a low fat snack.
Servings: 12 vadai
- Vazhakkai/ plantain - 2
- Small onion/ shallots - 10
- Gram flour/ Besan - 2 tbsp
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp Optional
- Flattened rice/ poha - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Turmeric - ⅛ tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp chopped
- Salt - as needed
Pressure cook cut plantain with little water for three whistles. Soak poha for minimum 10 mins.
Once done, peel off the skin. Remove any black parts and mash it well.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to make a dough. (Poha should be squeezed and added)
Make equal sized balls and patties out of it.
Heat oil in kadai and deep fry few per batch. Flip in-between once while cooking. Once golden, drain in paper towel.
- Poha is added for softness. You can add upto 2 tbsp.
- Do not overcook vazhakkai, it will retain water.