How to make oats upma
How to make oats upma - Oats upma recipe with vegetables. Easy and healthy way to start the day with this easy Indian oats breakfast recipe.
- 1 cup Quick cook oats
- 1 Onion
- ¾ cup Mixed vegetables
- 3 Green chilli
- ½ cup Water
- Salt - As needed
- 1 tsp Coconut oil/ sesame oil
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil cold pressed virgin
- ½ tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 tsp Chana dal
- 1 Curry leaves 1 sprig
Chop vegetables and onion finely. I used ½ a carrot, 4 beans and a fist full of frozen peas. slit green chillies. Heat oil in a pan and temper with the items given under ‘To temper’, then add onion and fry until transparent. Add vegetables, green chillies and if you want you can sprinkle ¼ tsp sugar to maintain its colour and fry in medium flame for 2 minutes. Sprinkle a little salt just for the vegetables if you want.
Add the oats, salt and mix well for a minute. Add ¼ cup water and mix well and cook covered for 2 minutes.
Later again sprinkle the remaining water and mix well and cook covered for another 2 minutes. This way it wont turn too gooey but still gets cooked moist. Top with coconut oil or sesame oil if desired.
- Add your own choice of vegetables, just make sure you chop finely to make sure it gets cooked.
- You can add finely chopped ginger along with onion to make it flavourful and easy to digest.
- Add turmeric if you want to make it look yellow add some more goodness to the recipe.