Millet sweet paniyaram recipe
Millet sweet paniyaram recipe with kodo millet, varagu in tamil. Perfect for evening snack or sweet cravings. A quick video, step by step detailed pictures.
Servings: 28 paniyarams
- 1 cup kodo millet
- 1 banana
- 1 cup naatu sakkarai
- country sugar
- 2 tablespoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon toor dal
- ¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 pinch cooking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cardamom
- Ghee/ oil as needed
Wash millet well by rubbing atleast 5 times to get rid of the impurities. Soak with urad dal, toor dal, methi seeds for 3 hours.
Drain water and grind without much water (little water retained after draining is enough) to a smooth paste.
Add mashed banana, naatu sakkarai and cardamom. Blend to combine.
Transfer to a bowl and set aside for minimum 5 hrs.
Before making, add salt, cooking soda and mix well.
Heat paniyaram pan (appe pan) with ghee or sesame oil and fill with the batter. Cook covered for 2 mins.
Flip and cook another 2 mins in medium flame. Smear with more ghee or oil for crispy results. Enjoy hot.
- Millet have impurities so make sure to wash well by rubbing.
- Do not ferment until it gets sour.
- Adding banana and cooking soda ensures softness.
- Do not add excess water as it will make batter watery. Add wheat flour in case it becomes watery.
- Adding enough ghee or oil is needed for best results.
- Grated coconut can be added about 2 tablespoon in the batter.