Authentic south Indian filter coffee method
Making authentic south Indian filter coffee at home is super easy with these simple steps. Just follow the recipe and enjoy perfect coffee at home
- 3 tablespoon Coffee grounds heaped I used Mysore concerns
- ¾ cup hot water
- 2 cups hot milk foamy
- 2 teaspoon sugar heaped
To brew coffee:
Take coffee ground and a south Indian filter.
Add 3 table spoons of coffee grounds in the upper strainer portion. Gently shake it and use the tamper to apply gentle pressure to press the coffee grounds (don't press hard, do it lightly.
Assemble the strainer over receiver part (bottom). Pour ¾th hot water which is heated just until bubbles start to appear in bottom.
Close lid and wait for 20-30 mins for decoction to get collected.
- Use a milk frother or pour from a height in between two cups to get foamy milk.
- Make sure milk is hot before mixing coffee. Reheated coffee doesn't taste good.
- Brew coffee fresh for best results. Though we can store in fridge, it looses flavour.
- Choose right filter size.